WHO WE ARE
1. WHAT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU DO WE COLLECT?
Alpenland collects your information to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences with our services. The specific kind of information collected will depend on the context of your interactions with Alpenland, and the services you use. The following are examples of the information that may be collected:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number);
- Payment information (including payment card numbers, billing address, and bank account information);
- Demographic data (such as age, gender, country, and preferred language);
- Information related to your reservation, stay, or visit to a property (including the Alpenland hotels where you have stayed, date of arrival and departure, and goods and services purchased);
- Information necessary to fulfill your special requests and/or specific accommodations;
- Loyalty program member information, online account details, profile or password details and any frequent flyer or travel partner program affiliation;
- Copies of your correspondence if you contact us;
- Your interests and preferences;
- Information collected through the use of closed circuit television systems, card key and other security systems; and
- Information related to your use and interaction with our website.
We collect this information in a variety of ways, including:
- Automatic Information: When you use or interact with our website and/or use any apps that we may make available on our website, we receive and store information generated by your activity and information automatically collected from your browser or mobile device. For example, like many websites, we obtain certain information when your web browser accesses our website including your IP address, browser type, operating system, mobile network data, pages viewed and access times. This information helps us to communicate with our customers and better understand them.
- Security Systems: When you visit our managed properties, information may be collected about you through such properties’ closed circuit television systems, electronic key cards and other security systems.
- Information from Other Sources: We may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and other third parties. This may include information from your travel agent, airline, credit card, and other partners.
- Age Limitations: Mandarin Oriental does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from our websites from any person under the age of 18. Mandarin Oriental may collect personally identifiable information from people under the age of 18 as part of the guest registration process, but always with the consent of such person’s parent or guardian.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Alpenland collects your information to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences with our services. Alpenland may collect, use, and disclose the information it collects for a variety of reasons, including for the following purposes:
- Fulfillment of Reservation and Other Purchases: We may process information relating to transactions that you enter into with us and/or through our website (“transaction data”). The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of completing your room reservation, supplying the purchased goods and services, customizing our services to your preferences, seeking your feedback on your stay at our properties, and keeping proper records of those transactions.
- Membership Programs: To administer and operate voluntary membership programs, including the Fans of M.O. program, loyalty programs and frequent flyer programs. The data may be processed for the purposes of recording stay and transactional data, earning and redeeming rewards, points, or credits in connection with the programs.
- Response to Inquiries: We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“correspondence data”). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping.
- Internal Business Purposes: For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and visiting patterns, determining the effectiveness of our promotions, and meeting contractual obligations.
- Administrative and Other Communications: To send you important information regarding our website, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, or other administrative information (e.g., information about your travel reservations, such as reservation confirmations).
- Marketing and Promotions: To communicate news and promotions to you relating to Alpenland hotels-related products and services and other products and services we think may be of interest to you, and to operate sweepstakes, contests, or other marketing or promotional activities.
- Safety and Security: To maintain your safety and security as well as that of other guests and personnel, while you visit our managed hotels and residences.
- Our Legal Duties: To comply with legal and regulatory requirements or demands in accordance with applicable law, a court order, subpoena, or other legal process.
- Additional Uses: We may also use your data other ways as described to you when you provide such information to us.
The legal basis for processing your personal information is made up of one or more of the following reasons: (i) your consent, and/or (ii) providing the services you have requested, and/or (iii) compliance with applicable laws, regulations, court orders or other legal process.